If you want to improve the water usage efficiency of your home, then transitioning to a dual-flush toilet is one of the fastest and easiest ways to reduce your consumption levels. This design option gives you the opportunity to flush a half-tank, which means you need 1 gallon (or less) to remove waste from the bowl. The American Standard H2Option Siphonic two-piece toilet meets ADA specifications, offers a push-button actuator on the top of the tank, and comes in three color options from which to choose.
This toilet offers a floor-to-rim height of 16.5 inches, which makes it a lot easier to sit down as an adult when you need to use the bathroom. The seat is not included in the box, so you will want to add another inch or so to that measurement, depending on the product that you choose to purchase separately. It also provides an elongated design to add an additional layer of comfort to the experience.
Key Points to Consider with the American Standard H2Option
- You will receive a 5-year warranty if you choose this model from American Standard for your bathroom, covering the components inside and out should there be defects in materials or craftsmanship.
- It features a fully glazed trapway, although it is a standard 2 inches with this model instead of the wider options that are sometimes available.
- This model is WaterSense certified in its flushing function.
- Unlike some other dual flush fixtures from other manufacturers, you will find that the H2Option is surprisingly quiet, especially if you choose the partial flush function.
- The glazing on the toilet is remarkably resistant to hard water staining or the discoloration that can occur when waste is allowed to sit in the bowl for an extended period.
What to Expect with the American Standard H2Option
This toilet features a standard 12-inch rough-in so that it works in most bathroom situations. When you complete a full flush using the chrome-plated actuator, then you will receive a 1.6-gallon flush. Using the partial tank option reduces your water consumption to 1 gallon only. It features a rim scrub with a slight pressure boost that helps to ensure the interior surface of your bowl remains clean after every use.
Despite its low levels of water consumption, the power of the flushing experience is beyond question. When you activate a full flush, then this toilet is capable of handling 1,000 grams of solid waste, earning the industry’s highest level of certification for that number of particles.
You will also enjoy the speed-connect feature with the American Standard H2Option Siphonic two-piece toilet. This user-friendly design can cut your installation time by up to 30% thanks to the pre-assembled and factory-installed grommets and bolts that come standard with this model. There are fewer loose parts to find, which means you can spend more time finishing the job.
We feel that the American Standard H2Option Siphonic two-piece toilet comes at a fair price with the set of features that it offers. Although it is a straightforward user experience, that is often what a home bathroom requires. We believe that you will appreciate the dual flush approach and the overall size and comfort this model provides.
To know more about American Standard as a toilet brand, please check our review of them here.